Savin Vaić LL.M. born in 1978 in Rijeka, Croatia
The attorney at law Savin Vaic was born on 31st October 1978. He has graduated at Faculty of law in Rijeka on 17th October 2002. He has signed in the Croatian Bar Association on 13th January 2003. He has finished postgraduate study on 27th September 2004 at the Friedrich-Alexander University of Nürnberg- Erlangen in the field of banking law through the Master’s thesis defence under the title „Fiduciary Ownership in Croatian Law and accordant Insurance Instruments in German Law“. On the 22nd February 2006, he has been appointed as sworn court interpreter for German language at the Conuty court in Rijeka. After passing the Bar examination on 22nd April 2005, he acted as an independent attorney at law and on 30th June 2008 he has established a law firm Vaic as a genaral partnership, with the seat in Rijeka. During 2010 the activity on the area of the island krk has been intensified so on the 1st September 2010, the law firm has admitted the attorney Marija Dvornicic from Krk as a new mamber, and besides the seat in Rijeka, the law firm has established a branche office in the city of Krk, on the address Trg Bana Josipa Jelacica 1.Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Rijeka, 2002
- Master of Laws (Banking law), University of Erlagen (Germany), 2004
- University of Erlagen (Germany), 2004
- German (official court interpreter)
- Croatian (native)
Areas of expertise:
- Contract law
- Real estate law
- Construction law
- Banking law
- Enforcement proceedings
- Commercial law
- Foreign Investments
- Administrative law
- Civil law
- Compensation Law.
- Croatian Bar Association,
- president of German-Croatian Society of legal experts
- German Chamber of Commerce.
- Master thesis in German language in September 2004: „Das fiduziarische Eigentum im kroatischen Recht und die funktionsentsprechenden Instrumente im deutschen Recht“
- Article in German language in „Öst-West Contact¨ magazine in November 2010 titled: „Schnäppchen bei der Vollstreckung in Kroatien“
- Lecture at Kester-Häusler-Stiftung congress from München in October 2010 as a representative of Republic of Croatia on the subject „Immobilienrecht, Mietrecht, Erbrecht und Steuerrecht“.
- Lecture in German Chamber of Commerce in Frankfurt 28th March 2011 under the title „Recht haben und Recht bekommen – Tipps für die Vertragsgestaltung“.
- Lecture in German Chamber of Commerce in Mainz 11th November 2011 on the Croatian commerce day with the topic „Erneuerbare Energien – Tipps bei derBeantragung von Genehmigungsverfahren“.
- Lecture in German Chamber of Commerce in Mainz 22th November 2012 on the Croatian commerce day with the topic „Legal framework for investments in Croatia“.
- Lecture in Slowenian Chamber of Commerce in Maribor 10th May 2013 on the Croatian commerce day with the topic “Croatia as an investment opportunity for foreign investors”.
- Lecture in Italian Chamber of Commerce in Udine 30th May 2013 with the topic “Croatia as an investment opportunity for foreign investors”.
- Lecture in Legal Association of Kärnten in Klagenfurt 12th September 2013 with the topic „Croatia as investment opportunity for foreign investors“.
- Lecture in Italian Chamber of Commerce in Gorizia 30th May 2013 with the topic “Croatia as an investment opportunity for foreign investors”.
- Presentation on the convention in Confedilizia della Provincia di Gorizia, the 7th July 2014 with the topic ” Purchase and management of condominium properties in central Europe; Comparison between the Italian, Austrian, Slovenian and Croatian legislation “, accredited by the Association of Lawyers of Gorizia; participants were recognized 3 educational credits valid for the civilian area.